Follow these LWSD Lottery Requirements
COMMUNITY SCHOOL LOTTERY PROCEDURES
FOR FALL 2019 ENROLLMENT
Info Night: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 Parents (adults only, please) attend the Information Night at 6:00 p.m. at Community School. Attendance is highly recommended. This is your chance to see the school and meet the staff. We do not offer any others tours.
REQUIRED STEPS IN THE LOTTERY PROCESS FOR 1st – 5th GRADES
- Applications are due by 4:00 p.m. on January 18, 2019
- December 10, 2018 – Online application opens (due by 4:00 p.m. on January 18, 2019)
- January 18, 2019 Applications are due by 4:00 p.m.
- February 1, 2019 Lottery held at the District office. Typically, most or all Community School vacancies occur in the first grade.
- February 8, 2019 Acceptance/wait-list notification letters are sent to families via e-mail by the Lake Washington School District office.
- February 22, 2019 Community School must be notified in writing of your intention to accept or refuse admittance by 2:30 p.m.
- New Parent Orientation
- Student Visit (only one visit is necessary)
Once enrollment is met, remaining students are placed on a wait list in lottery order.
If an opening occurs, students are called in lottery order using their original number. No new numbers are generated.
If a student accepts placement at another Choice School, the student’s name is removed from our process.
The above lottery procedure is aligned with the Lake Washington School District.
If any of the lottery requirements described above are not met, your child’s name will be removed from the lottery process for Fall 2019, and you may reapply for Fall 2020.
The above dates are subject to change per the LWSD calendar.