Follow these LWSD Lottery Requirements
COMMUNITY SCHOOL LOTTERY PROCEDURES
FOR FALL 2020 ENROLLMENT
Info Night: TBD Parents (adults only, please) attend the Information Night at TBD at Community School. Attendance is highly recommended. This is your chance to see the school and meet the staff. We do not offer any other tours.
REQUIRED STEPS IN THE LOTTERY PROCESS FOR 1st – 5th GRADES
- Applications are due by 4:00 p.m. on December 3, 2021
- November 1, 2021 – Online application opens (due by 4:00 p.m. on December 3, 2021)
- December 3, 2021 Applications are due by 4:00 p.m.
- January 7, 2022 Lottery held at the District office. Typically, most or all Community School vacancies occur in the first grade.
- January 14, 2022 Acceptance/wait-list notification letters are sent to families via e-mail by the Lake Washington School District office.
- January 26, 2022 Community School must be notified in writing of your intention to accept or refuse admittance by 2:30 p.m.
- New Parent Orientation - TBD
- Student Visit (only one visit is necessary) - June dates to TBD 9:00AM-10:00AM
Once enrollment is met, remaining students are placed on a wait list in lottery order.
If an opening occurs, students are called in lottery order using their original number. No new numbers are generated.
If a student accepts placement at another Choice School, the student’s name is removed from our process.
The above lottery procedure is aligned with the Lake Washington School District.
If any of the lottery requirements described above are not met, your child’s name will be removed from the lottery process for Fall 2022, and you may reapply for Fall 2023.
The above dates are subject to change per the LWSD calendar.