Follow these LWSD Lottery Requirements
COMMUNITY SCHOOL LOTTERY PROCEDURES
FOR FALL 2018 ENROLLMENT
January 3, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. Parents (adults only, please) attend the Information Night in the International Community School Lyceum. Attendance is highly recommended.
REQUIRED STEPS IN THE LOTTERY PROCESS FOR 1st – 5th GRADES
- Applications are due by 4:00 p.m. on January 19, 2018
- February 7,2018 at 10:30AM - 12:00NOON Parents (adults only, please) attend the tour (classroom observation) . We ask that you attend for the full tour. This is the only tour we offer, and no other tours are given. We strongly recommend your attendance tour, so you can make an educated decision if your child is offered placement. No reminders will be given. Meeting to begin in the ICS Library. Please be on time as late arrivals will not be admitted.
- December 11, 2017 Online Choice School application available.
- January 19, 2018 Applications are due by 4:00 p.m.
- February 1, 2018 Lottery held at the District office. Typically, most or all Community School vacancies occur in the first grade.
- February 7, 2018 Acceptance/wait-list notification letters are sent to families via e-mail by the Lake Washington School District office.
- February 21, 2018 Community School must be notified in writing of your intention to accept or refuse admittance by 2:30 p.m.
- New Parent Orientation
- Student Visit (only one visit is necessary)
Once enrollment is met, remaining students are placed on a wait list in lottery order.
If a student accepts placement at another Choice School, the student’s name is removed from our process.
The above lottery procedure is aligned with the Lake Washington School District.
If any of the lottery requirements described above are not met, your child’s name will be removed from the lottery process for Fall 2018, and you may reapply for Fall 2019.
The above dates are subject to change per the LWSD calendar.