Parents play a crucial role at Community School: They participate by working cooperatively with teachers to sustain a cohesive learning community; they provide enriching experiences; and they promote the love of learning.
Without the help of parents, the Community School, as we know it, could not survive and thrive.
VOLUNTEERING: Enriches Student Learning & Fosters Our Sense of Community
There are so many ways to volunteer and the school needs you! We need and really appreciate our volunteers. Without volunteers there would be no Community School.
- Parents help supervise students before school, and during morning and lunch breaks.
- They help in our library and help in the classrooms.
- Parents accompany staff and students on field trips.
- Interact with children during the school day.
- Attending one parent meeting each month.
- Work outside of the school day (committee work, classroom material preparation, correcting papers)
- Volunteering on the playground.
- School events.
- The list goes on and on.