The crucial role of parents
Without the help of parents, the Community School, as we know it, could not survive and thrive.
VOLUNTEERING: Enriches Student Learning & Fosters Our Sense of Community
- Parents help supervise students before school, and during morning and lunch breaks.
- They staff our library and help in the classrooms.
- Parents accompany staff and students on field trips.
- The list goes on and on. Click on the LINKS below.
Each family contributes an average of 3 volunteer hours a week and has an obligation of 13.5 playground hours' coverage throughout the year. These hours can only be fulfilled by parents or legal guardians of students. Your volunteer hours can be met in three ways:
- Interacting with children during the school day.
- Attending one parent meeting each month.
- Work outside of the school day (committee work, classroom material preparation, correcting papers).
- Go to Parent Group (More information on how to get involved)